im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

email: play it safe

Subject: RE: The Good Stuff
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:12:44 +000
dear mom and dad,

what's up, Old School? :) hey good things DO happen in this world! like me, i gave away most of my things before i left for korea: art/drawing supplies to morse high school, all my instruments to fanno academy (another school), books to the malcolm x library, my painting supplies to john dupuis, my beloved cd's to mom! everything else, i posted in the "Free stuff" forum on craigslist. The world returned the favor and introduced me to teresa, who gave me all that furniture. but here is a bit of a story, tho...

so the story behind where she got all this stuff: she told me that it all belonged to her brother, and that she was very confident that he wasnt coming back. she told me that he'd been working as an english teacher in korea for 2 years. he had a friend come visit him in korea. that friend had someone back in the states mail a package of marijuana to him in korea. the brother went to the post office to sign for this package and BOOP he was arrested. the "friend" took off for the states the next day. so, teresa said her brother is in a detention facility somewhere in suji, i think, and that he's awaiting trail. she said she's 99.99% sure he's going to be deported, so when she heard about my plight, she figured the furniture ought to go to someone who can use it.

teresa said her brother claims he didnt know what was in the package, but she's not so sure she believes him. why mail the package in the first place, i wonder myself! teresa thinks myabe he'd done it before and didnt get caught, so he decided to do it again. oh well, good news for me, i got a tv! well i have to jet off, class is in 15 min and i still have some xeroxing to do. love you both! oh, and hector, too. ~sha

No comments: