im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Sunday, May 6, 2007

email

Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 02:14:00 -070o
Subject: RE: south korea
Whats up Sha,

So whats the scoop over there now? Have ou settlked in to a routine yet? What have you found to be dfferent? whats th same? Id like to know i was curious about the teaching in Korea before i came to Japan. Aarron


Date: 6 May 2007
Subject: RE: south korea
hi aaron!

the scoop... i dont hve any other esl jobs to compare it to, but i love it here. i have settled into routine, i really like my students and i like> my coworkers, things is gravy.

i dont know if ive thanked you lately, for sure you are part of the reason im here. i think about that one night, i was working graveyard shift and you logged into messenger at like 2am san diego time. it was like, BOOM you'd been gone 2 years and it woke me up. AND when nova turned me down, you my friend encouraged me to apply elsewhere. im so friggin happy here. thank you.

it's for sure been much smoother living here than i thought it would be. the language barrier has been hard, but it hasnt made living here intolerable. i'd prepared for all kinds of problems, but there've been no issues with getting sick so far, no constipation or diarrea like my other poor colleagues, a little bit of discrimination here and there but ive not experienced anything worse than i have back home.

i actually feel more free here. but i think that has to do with for the first time having my OWN place and my OWN money, etc. You and your girlfriend are welcome to visit anytime, i'd love to see you. if you can get a month free, email that woman about the summer camp. with your experience, you'd breeze through it im sure. ~sha

No comments: