im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Monday, January 1, 2001

notes

during the 11 weeks i had no visa and couldnt work, i spent a lot of time in random cafes in my neighborhood, knitting. i was at coffe&cubi and the only other people there were these two boys at the other end of room, papers and books on the table, & i heard them speaking bits of english. well, not boys, they were young men, but anyway, i said hello and i can help in any way if i could. turned out they lived like a street over from me, their names were Bob & Alex, tho eventually they came to be referred to as "HandsomeBob" and "HandsomeAlex" amongst my friends. both are gone now, bob back to university, alex went to australia. they became wonderful friends, i could go on and on about all the things they've helped me with. on alex's last day, he left me this note. i didnt cry but i came close. T T

No comments: