im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Friday, February 23, 2007

email: i decided i could hold it

Subject:
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007
dear mom and dad,

things here are great. it's still cold and i still dont like that part, but mom, i have my wool socks on so im ok.

today i ate rice with some sort of thing that looked like potstickers, it was so good. i was thinking how glad i am that i know how to use chopsticks. no one even offers a fork or spoon; i kind of assumed restaurants would if they saw a foreigner. well maybe they see the filipino in me and know that im down. er, no, actually they eat with their hand in the filipines, right mom? Mom, you'd loose so much weight here b/c i know you can't use chopsticks to save your life! you'd starve to death! :)

im going to sign the contract to move into my place on weds or thurs, im really anxious to move in. that hotel is nice, but i cant wait to unpack and settle. three of my colleagues are working at the same location as me and we're all going to live within a few blocks of each other, it's really cool.

i stopped in the bathroom in the subway today and had my first encounter with squat toilets. couldnt bring myself to use it; but it was interesting sight to see, for sure. i did make sure that apt i'll be moving into has a "western style" toilet. monday is the big day; my first day in the classroom. im super nervous!

No comments: