im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

email:the most boring entry ever

hi mom and dad!
seoul is being very nice to me. but my sleeping is still all off, i keep waking up around 2:30am every morning, no matter what time i go to bed. it's cool, tho, i use the time to go over the training, and do my step workout-that's right, doing my daily exercise right here in my hotel room! im going to set an example for you, Mom!!! :) seriously, tho, i think the exercising is what's keeping me awake and alert during the day, not all jet lagged and sluggish. exercise, and plenty of coke zero.

i went for a walk today int he afternoon and man it was COLD. i noticed these little things in the air, i thought it was tiny raindrops, but the way they were falling was too light an airy. so then i thought it was ash and wondered if there was a fire near by! ha! it really took me a minute to realize it was snow!

today around 3am, i re-wrote my lesson plans for that afternoon's training, and then went to a local internet cafe to type them out. these cafes are called "PC Bangs" bang means "room" and most are open 24 hours a day. brother dave told me before about how loud they can be b/c everyone is gaming, and HE IS RIGHT, sounds of guns and grenades just blasting. it was 3am and the place was over half full! the guy working this morning wasnt the same guy that helped me last time, but this guy was equally nice to me, helping me find microsoft word on the computer and printing my stuff out. i didnt write this in the email, but those pc bangs are pretty friggin cool. you can have snacks and drinks while you play, there's a smoking section if you want, and the lights are always a little dim so that the desk you sit at is basked in the light of the gaming on your computer screen. maybe when my brother comes to visit me, i'll never see him, bc i think he'd do his vacation right here in a pc bang.

i found out that i passed that grammar test that we all had to take on monday. yeah! this afternoon in training, i did my "mock teaching" with the lesson plans i'd prepared and they went well. i feel like im becoming a better teacher everyday. im pretty happy. tired, tho! i hope i dont wake up until maybe 4 or 5am this next morning morning! :) ~daughter

No comments: