im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Friday, April 27, 2007

email: tv

Subject:
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007
dear mom and dad,

wow wee wow the weather is friggin gorgeous here right now! the sky is blue and the sun is warm and im loving it. i was chatting with a friend of mine (who has teased me about how i wouldnt leave the hotel for the first 3 weeks i was here) says to me, "you do realize that if you lived anywhere other than san diego, you would be unable to function for like 200 days out of the year? 'It's 40 degrees and misty outside, i need to stay in!' " he mocks me, but hey, he doesnt know the beauty of daygo.

so i think my round of cancelled classes will be over this week, and im glad. i have for sure enjoyed the free time, but honest to gosh i missed the kids! i havent seen little johnny (you know, the "Sister Sha, can we say asshole?" that johnny) in two weeks!

the adrs i sent you last does work, by the way. i bought some dvds from another teacher who's leaving korea, and she mailed them to me and they got to my place no problem. feel free to send me presents anytime! just kidding... not really... no, fo reals, just kidding. i dont need a thing. this job that i still love allows me to live comfortably and im rather happy. i actually was able to pop over to the store to buy a new tv today. not that there was anything wrong with the great big wonderful tv teresa gave me; it worked great up until i broke it.

oh if Professor Domingez were there to see! The major rule of sculpture class: always PULL heavy items when youre moving them, never PUSH b/c you run the risk of knocking it over. and while i tried to move the tv closer to the couch so i can watch without wearing my glasses, i PUSHED instead of PULLED and of course i knocked that tv right over! it made a loud bang, it was scary! mom, dont worry, nothing happened. you can hear a lot of little things rattling inside the tv when you move it now, and there's no sound nor picture, but luckily the screen didnt shatter/break, so all that happened was that i broke my tv.

so today i went to emart and bought a new tv. none of the sales people spoke a word of english, so i just pointed to my adrs (which i keep in my bag, written in english & korean) and kept saying "deliver, delivery" and gestured like a weirdo, and they understood. they showed me a calendar and circled the 30th to let me know they'll deliver it on monday.

my rice cooker is a dream, by the way. i had some this morning. made me think about how when brother dave would make rice, and he'd always put too much water in it the pot and it would come out all soggy, and ketso would say, "why didn't you let me check it first before you cooked it?!" :)

No comments: