im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Saturday, June 9, 2007

email

Subject:
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 06:03:38 +0000
dear mom and dad,

it's saturday afternoon, im in the internet cafe and there are mostly children here. i think i have found the secret: go to the cafe when it's mostly children, b/c the adults and/or smokers wont be there... or maybe sitting somewhere else. anyways...

dad, what do you mean "Even i remember tchaiko?" you never remember anybody! dad, i wasnt even sure if you've ever even MET tchaiko. anyway, before i left for korea, i told tchaiko of course that i was leaving. she told me her daughter was here and gave her my email. so that's how we met up. and NO there was not giggling around the table. im 30, not 13. >:( but again, it was hella cool to meet with the sistas and just have a casual brunch and shoot the breeze. i look forward to seeing them all again.

im thinking of investing in an elipitical machine... did i spell that right? you know, like a treadmill only it's not, it's like sking, like cross trainer thingy. just debating, b/c aside from that last machine dave was able to hustle for me, i NEVER used any of the machines at the house. im waiting a bit, and trying to see if i really am committed this time, and that i wouldnt be wasting my money if i bought this equipment. im going nuts a little b/c my weight has been floating between 226-230 for weeks and weeks, despite that i do my step set practically every other day. *sigh* i think it's time to change routine. first im going to check out amazon.com, see what home workout dvds they have. they ship to korea! :)

so my hair is growing back a tiny bit. first i just cut the locks off, and it looked nice, but since i did it myself, it was very uneven. i called mayma, the sister from new zealand, to come over with her husbands clippers to even out my hair:

"let me just do a small spot, to make sure the setting isnt too short," she says.
me: Nah, dont worry about it, just do it.
her: are you sure?
me: yeah man, it's fine, just do it.
her: are you sure?
me: dude, just cut my hair already!
"BZZZZT!!!.... and now im bald.

yeah, didnt want it quite that short! ha! well, it sure was cut even after that! :) it's grown a bit more now, and i dont look totally bald anymore. i think another couple of months and it'll be closer to a length i like. on another plus side: mom, ive gotten SO many compliments on those black "indian tear drop" earrings, they really stand out with my short hair! ~daughter

No comments: