im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Friday, August 24, 2007

email

number 1 mcee in the world, jean grae. i love her!
hi sekou! life is wonderful. the school i work at rotates by term (3months) im already on my 3rd term, it's crazy. how are you?

things are good here. im making serious payments on my student loans, pretty happy about that. i'll be here for at least another year, by then the loans will be paid off and i'll have paid back my dad all the money i owe him. well... maybe a year and a half. if my job keeps me. things are going ok at work, but i mess up here and there and im paranoid that i'll get fired. not that that's been hinted at towards me, it really is my own paranoia.

im having trouble socializing here. my coworkers are nice, and other foreigners ive meet are all nice enough, but every outing is staying out late at a bar (late like, 7 the next morning) and i just dont roll like that anymore. and i've not liked any club ive been to, all the music is mainstream rap music, southern, laffy taffy white t walkitout type of stuff which i dont care for.

other than that tho, i really do like myjob. i adore the kids, i think they're all so smart, and i dont mind my pay at all. i keep having this reoccurring dream that im back in san diego, trying to go to Harar (the ethiopian rest on el cajon blvd?) and when i get there, i find it's gone. i do enjoy my life here in korea, but i do look forward to a term off when i can come back to daygo, eat my food, see my people.

ah anyway, how is you btw?

No comments: