im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Friday, August 3, 2007

email

<--not my kids drawings, but i'll load them later when i have access to my own computer.

Subject: RE: Over Watered Plants
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 04:48:52 +0000
dear mom and dad,

good news, my plant looks like it's going to be ok! i came in the last couple of days and the soil is looking semi-dry. im very happy about it. the plant is happy too.

work is good, it's another week over of these summer classes, *phew!* after teaching morning and night on monday, and wednesday, come thursday i sleep clear until 3pm just about. well, on and off. i adore those kids but they drain me!

this morning i had the kids write little stories and make them into books, expecting only 1 or 2 sentences per page, but many did damn near a novel! it makes me happy b/c they worked so hard and wrote so much, but geez now i have so much to read and grade!

hey i got home the other day and there was a package in my mailbox. i didnt remember ordering anything, and it didnt look like an envelope from you all. i opened it and OH MY GOODNESS cousin myhasa sent me a gift from amazon! she sent me a couple of books, i couldnt stop smiling for like three hours! do you guys ever see her/talk to her? im going to send her an email, but if you see her, tell her thanks again, it was so nice of her. well, i have about an hour until my next class, so i best go and prep. my greetings to senor gonzales. ~daughter.

No comments: