im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Thursday, October 18, 2007

giving thanks

Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:17 AM
Subject: sha, short for shannon
hi everyone. if youre getting this email, it's b/c i used to work for or with you. i got to thinking about all kinds of former jobs i've had and began to wonder where some of these really cool coworkers i used to know are now. this is sha, i hope you remember me. i live in south korea right now, teaching english and i love it. i owe thanks (and probably apologies) to all of you, b/c something happened when we knew each other and i ended up (happily) here. scroll down, look for your name, read, and then delete. ~sha.

ollie: thanks for putting up with all of my prepubescent nonsense whilst i was in my 20's, i love my own mom, but you sure do come a close second.

tal: you introduced me to bit o' honey, which is still my favorite non chocolate candy to this day.

catherine: you were my favorite red enveloper. sorry i was such a jerk when you knew me.

Cassie: i strive to be more like you. seriously, you're always so nice and would say supportive things to me.

Cheryl: im so sorry for all those times i made fun of you taking that book making class. i now know how hard making books are. i took sign language b/c of you, and it was one of my favorite classes in college.
chris: thank you for believing in me, i think im a pretty ok teacher w/much thanks to you.
Courtney: we should've had more dinners together, we didnt have enough time.

david- youre the tallest person ive ever met.

donisha: i had so much fun when we worked, albeit briefly, together. i wish we couldve been closer friends. i remember you wore pink pumps to work once, you were all glittery and so cute!

debra wolf: you let me use your sewing machine. i, as a amateur seamstress, am honored that you trusted me so.
esra: ah, my turkish princess.

geoff: i remember once at work you were playing with a ruler, and out of nowhere you turned and said to me, "this is 12 inches, can you believe some guys say thier dick is this long? i mean, look at that!"

gwen: you should come to korea and teach for a bit, you'd be awesome here.

Grisel: you too.

jennifer cooper: you made out with my favorite dj. youre my hero for life.

john-turek: what an odd pair we were. youre one of my favorite people to talk to, nothing is too obscene to not still be funny.

karla: makeda is crazy. but im glad i got to be a part of the wbc albeit for a little little while. thanks for thinking of me for the job, i was so flattered.

kenya: i remember when we went to the foreign legion and i drank way too much, and you took me home and didnt make fun of me. you're the homie for life.

marc-orso: oh moe... you know.

Maria- i often think of you dancing, stepping side to side and clapping your hands...

marnie: my favorite fellow tutor. i remember once giving you a hard time and you laugh and look me dead in the eye, saying, "Im not afraid of you, sha!" it was awesome.

missy: together we did one of my favorite paintings. ive never met a woman who curses as much as you, i always thought that was so cool.

debra f: you helped me grow up a little, gave me good advice and criticism for the workplace, and made me dress like an adult for work. endless thanks for that, b/c jeez i was sloppy.

patty: we both loved napoleon dynamite more than anyone.

Paula: you and quinn are gone. i miss you guys. david moon quit, btw, did you know?

randi- *sigh* thanks for everything...

ryan- i remember the time me and adrian put m&m's and tacks all over your desk one day as an office prank, oh god, our stomachs hurt b/c we were laughing so hard. thanks for being a good sport. i'll always love you.

loretta: i think about how i called you while in one of like the 3 times ive ever been so piss drunk in my life, and you talked to me while i rambled on and finally i got sleepy, and you told me to be sure to sleep on my stomach... and laughed b/c you were afraid i may vomit in my sleep and choke to death.

sandra: i never wouldve seen ANY new movie if not for you. you cant believe how often i've watched on tv HERE things that i watched with you... all the harry potters, all the lord of the rings, sisterhood of the traveling pants, the 11th kingdom, wimbledon, the rundown... it's bizarre.

Thamer: ive always thought you were super hot.
trish: i remember one time you came to class with a black eye. i felt so awful for you. youre so nice, and i couldnt believe some jerk would could find any reason to lay violent hands on you. oh, also, sorry i was such a jerk when i knew you too. *blush*
terri: im still going to grad school eventually, i swear.
viviane: do you still love popcorn chicken? :)

No comments: