im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Monday, December 10, 2007

email

Subject: new glasses
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:33:29 +0000
dear mom and dad,

thanks for the sheets! they havent come yet, but thanks for sending them, i got an eye out.

i just got this bed a couple of weeks ago. i had a bed before, but i gave it to one of the new teachers who had nothing to sleep on, and i started sleeping on the couch. every time i was supposed to get another bed, something came up!

so here three months later, i got a bed from one of the teachers who left korea. geez, i didnt realize how lame my couch is; the second night on the bed, i slept for like 12 hours, it was great!

dont worry about the things of "to send me" on my blog, i really dont NEED anything, but hey family will be the first i ask when i DO need something :)

i still havent made it to korean class, my friend said the same thing as you, dad, "there's always going to be a reason to not go." it's so friggin easy to not bother learning korean here, once you get your bearings, getting around isnt so hard. i have, however, been making it to salsa, it's so much fun! we learned "cross body lead" and some sort of turn spin, im really bad at it but still it's fun. a sister i met through a friend is the teacher, she's really good.

i got a new pair of glasses, just because. new frames and new lenses only $50, and that is with me splurging for scratch resistant or something. the guy at the shop remembered me and bowed like crazy when i came in. i see him a lot, actually, b/c i pass the shop on my way to work and he waves and smiles.

while there today, i met an older woman who told me she lived in new jersey for 15 years, and her daughter taught english in korea for a while. she asks me where im from, and when i say, "southern cali," she starts spurting off in spanish! i was embarrassed, b/c despite my years of study, she was talking way too fast for me, plus, hearing spanish with a korea accent is a little difficult for my amateur ear also. anyway, the woman's name is margaret and she asked for my cell phone number and if she could be my friend, the same scenario that happens a lot here.

salud to senior gomez. ~daughter.

No comments: