im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Monday, May 5, 2008

email

Subject: shoes, baseball game
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 15:36:49
dear mom and dad,

so as i briefly mentioned before, i got both pair of sneakers!

a few weeks ago, as i was leaving for work, the elder man that sits at the front desk waved wildly at me, yelling something in korean. he always pretends to be mad at me when he has to tell me something.

turned out a box came, with my shoes!!!! i went right back up to my apt and changed, oh it was like walking on cotton balls!!!!! thank you so much! then lo and behold, a week later, the OTHER box came!!! these shoes are magic, i swear, i can be on my feet all day and be straight. a good thing, actually, b/c i got a critique about sitting too much while teaching, so it's a good thing i got these sneakers, to keep my lazy butt up and out of the chair.

i went to a baseball game w/the sistas a couple weeks ago, i didnt take pictures of course but my friend did, you can look at them here:

the game was so much fun! er actually, being in the audience was fun, b/c i didnt watch the game at all. there was a guy... what would you call him? he stands in front of the crowd and leads us in chants and cheers, we banged the hell out of our red balloons to distract the opposing team at bat, we did cool arm movements, it was great!

ALSO great is this damn pediegg you sent me. omg, what did me and my feet ever do without it???? i just used it for the first time yesterday and WOW, i never knew my cute feet could be any cuter, which they surely are now that i have the perfect pumicing tool :) My friends are jealous.

~Appreciative Daughter

No comments: