im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

email

Subject: RE: That's It
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 19:23:37
dear mom and dad,

today i got a knock on the door from the delivery man, and he had a package for me! you guys dont know how much i appreciate it, it's the only mail i get and i feel so loved!!! thank you for the vitamins, slimfast, fiber pills, tampons, mail, newspapers and plastic bags galore!

i got a message from jude, the boy my friends and i met on the subway auditioning for dreamgirls. he passed the first two auditions, and had a third audition for dancing next. again, he's auditioning for the part of Jimmy Early, played by eddie murphy in the movie version. if he gets the part, then i'll really need to see what the korean version of dreamgirls is going to be like. i saw vagina monologues while it was here a few months ago, only b/c my friend Zhaleh was in it. it was pretty ok, and it was in korean AND english, so i could at least understand half of it. i wonder if dreamgirls will hve the songs in english? i guess we will see.

we're in week 3 of my 5th term here at the school. i love these new classes, ive got uber geniuses, they're so great, and so cute. i give stickers a lot in class for motivation, even more so now taht the school doesnt give prizes for good grades anymore. tho i think i need to lay off, b/c last week i was pulling out stickers, giving them out every time someone gave me a correct answer, and little Liz looked at my sticker collection and said to me, "What else you got?" my head jerked back so hard! i done spoiled them, these kids are getting greedy! :) nah, it was cool, liz is in one of my best classes and they get stickers all the time b/c those kids really strive to learn.

i still speak NO korean at all, i only made it to the korean class one time. *blush* BUT the new director at my job has arranged for korean classes to be at our office, so im very excited, and i really will go this time! fo real! really!!! they start tomorrow and im going!

and of course, a story about one of the students to finish my email:referring to my curly hair on monday, one little boy said to me, "teacher, your hair looks so delicious b/c it looks like ramen."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I was the photographer for the Vagina Monologues. I have some pictures posted on my face book. I can't wait to get my DVD of the show. I loved it! I can't believe I missed meeting you. You were there and I didn't even know it. I started Korea classes a few weeks ago and I love the Korean Made Easy book it has pictures in everything in it :)

Good luck in your Korean class!