im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

email

what my parents send me when i dont write home quick enough:

Subject: Broken PC
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 19:31:52 -0700

Number One
Is your PC broken again?
Dad
==============================

Subject: RE: Broken PC
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 03:36:55 +0000

dear mom and dad,
every so often, i get a "guilty" "sinking" feeling that tells me i need to send an email right away. but always and without fail, by the time i get to the computer, you have already hit my email inbox with a whoppin for me. sorry... :*(

although my computer is running better than it has before, it still shuts down fairly often and sometimes the Internet doesnt work. i get frustrated, and then leave it alone for days. for a second, i thought maybe ed didnt know as much about computers as i thought he did, but i think it's this computer. maybe like repairing a car: you fix one thing, it looks ok, and then something else pops up that's wrong. ed has been super nice and has never charged me a thing, btw, but im going nuts a little, maybe i'll buy a new computer down the line.

last week i got the package with the essence, oprah, and jet (2) magazines, comics, and mail. thanks for that. i like to flip through the magazines on my days off... especially since i dont use that down time to use the computer :)

1 comment:

Fly Brother said...

Hm...I got a SkypeIn phone number for Jacksonville just so my folks could call me "locally" and they STILL resort to one-liner "just checking" emails. So passive-aggressive, poor things. Anyway, you don't know me but I like your blog and I linked you to mine. I'm a black expat living in South America. Check me out sometime.

-E