im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

email

Subject: joseph "like me"
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 05:51:20 +0000

dear mom and dad,
the soul/seoul food potluck this weekend was so wonderful, and the cookies were a smash hit. my friend annice grabbed my pantleg and begged w/tears in her eyes for me to ask for more. she likes the molasses cookies. i like chocolate chip. dave got the cookies at ranchos, which is closed now i think, but the same cookies can be found at henry's or whole foods. please send more, before poor annice pulls out all her hair in hysteria. pictures of the food, and my friends attached. i couldnt find pictures w/me in it. i was probably too busy eating.


work is going well. around the corner from the school are vendors that sell cheap snacks, i usually head there after work to get a waffle or an ice choco (chocolate milk), one vendor in particular is always so nice to me, often throwing a little something extra for me. she speaks not a word of english. the other day, i went to her, and ran into one of my coworkers who speaks korean. this woman tells my coworker to tell me how kind she thinks i am, and how much she really likes me and appreciated my business. it was so sweet, im sure ive never said more than hello and thank you to her b/c i still speak no korean, but just goes to show you how far a friendly smile will take you!

this term, i've got this little boy joseph has taken praising himself, it's really funny, actually. when someone in class gets the right answer, he'll say somethign like, "oh wow, youre so smart!!! ... like me." then the class falls out. he's got really great delivery, just enough pause to make it super funny. well, you have to be there.

love you miss you bye

No comments: