im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Thursday, January 22, 2009

email

Subject: RE: Laws
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009
dear mom and dad,

i ventured out of my part of town to go to seoul last week, a girlfriend of mine arranged another speakeasy poetry open mic thing. a photo attached: the turnout was huge, it was really wonderful! i saw friends i havent seen in months. a couple people congratulated me for coming out, knowing how hard it is for me interrupt my hibernation. Well thankfully it wasnt too cold that night.

korean class is going at hyper speed, its frustrating and humbling but rewarding. i still read slower than any of my classmates, but i couldnt read AT ALL a month ago, so that's progress.

i ran into my friend annice, the one who asked for the cookies, she was devastated that i ate them. well, now that she's back on the grid, please send Uncle Eddie Vegan Cookies if you find any. I know brother dave cant get them at ranchos anymore, but i used to buy them at henry's, traderjoes, and whole foods, if you or dave ever pop into any of those spots.

love you miss you.~daughter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when is the next one

Sha-Dizzle said...

no idea. check the group page for updates :)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25747883752