im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Saturday, March 24, 2007

email: good karma

Date: thur, 24 Mar 2007 22:06:25 +0000
dear mom and dad,

so i was out having fish and chips at some foreigner bar in itaewon earlier this week. i went to the area to find this free book exchange at one of the local pubs, then wandered around and stopped to get something to eat. man, BEST fries i've ever had. i was hungry! my nutrition plan is going aiight, im holding steady at 229 (started at 252) but am working hard to get to the 2-teens.

so... at the bar i met this brotha from ghana, and his friend, a brotha from the domician republic. we chatted it up, how long you been here, etc etc., and b/c they asked, i told them i've been here about 2 months and have little more than my mat and pillow in my apt. and then the next day, the girlfriend of one of them called me and told me she had a ton of extra things and asked if i'd like to have it FOR FREE!!! she said, "oh they were telling me how you just got here, i've got so much stuff. ive got a sofa, a dresser, a tv..." i about fell out! the world is so nice sometimes! i'll be seeing her and making arrangements for her loot on sunday. yeah!

ah, i did forget the zip code on my adrs. I'll find out what it is and send another email.~sha

1 comment:

Nisha said...

wow, tha's amazing dude. yeah, karma is tha bomb, don't you just LOVE her?!?! glad to see you are doing so very well and meeting good people there. tha's a blessing. i'm workin' my way over there sometime the end of this year. have me some beautiful, intelligent, cool sistahs ready to introduce me to, kay? j/k. anyway, wish i could tell you sommore, but i just sat here for a minute ant thought i'd check out the spot for the first time since i forgot that this was even available (sorry). so, love you and SAY NO TO SOJU!!! Kanisha.