im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

email: thank you, teresa!

Subject:RE: 229
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:59:08 +0000
dear mom and dad,

hi! its been a busy last couple of days, spent some time getting all kinds of great free stuff!!!

wow i really made out great with that girl who gave me all the furniture! she hooked me up! she gave me plates, towels, a coffee table, dishes, utensils, pots & pans, drinking glasses, a couch, a tv, amazing!!! AND not only did she refuse to take any money for any of it, she also arranged the moving truck for me, and went all the way to pyeongchon with me (45 min away from her) so that she can direct the moving guy where to go (she speaks korean). there are some cool cool people in this world. her name is teresa and i just cant thank her enough. i feel like im really living somewhere now! i love coming home and sitting on my couch! i have to ask my job to help me get cable. :)

i still dont know what my darned zip code is, i keep forgetting to ask. i'll try my best to remember tomorrow when i go to work.

ive just discovered a korean food called "kimbap." it's the bomb, and only 1000 won per (a dollar). i get it without mayo tho, they put mayonnaise on everything here it seems. and man, mayo is HEAVY on calories, i think there's like 90 calories in just one stinkin' tablespoon... but oh how i LOVE mayonnaise!

im still holding at 229. teresa didnt have a dvd player to give me, unfortunately, but it's first on my list to buy on payday so i can get back to my workout dvd. and i DO have this wonderful tv from teresa to use the dvd player with! ~sha.

No comments: