im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Friday, April 13, 2007

email: forks

Subject: forks
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:24:37 +0000
Dear mom and dad,

Yeah, cleaning is not one of my strong points. Although I do better than teddy! When we first got married, he scrubbed everything everyday. A month later, I’d complain about dust for several days before he’d do something about it. Well, I could’ve just done something myself, but hey I agreed to marry him! That was part of the deal!

And lucky me, I met felix here in korea. The toilet is sparkling, it’s so clean!!! Sorry mom, but he offered to do it for me! I had to let him!

Classes are going really well. yesterday I learned that the number 4 is bad luck here in korea. My students told me. They asked if I noticed how buildings never have the 4th floor, instead it’s titled F floor; it was b/c of back luck. Another korea mystery solved!

I learn a lot of cool things from the kids. We were discussing something about height earlier this week and I told them I was 5 ft 3inches tall. They asked what that was in centimeters, and I told them that I didn’t know the metric system and they were dumbfounded. It’s always a shock when “Teacher” doesn’t know something. in another class I told them that we don’t use chopsticks in America, and all their eyes widened so much I thought maybe eyeballs would be rolling out of sockets! “But how do you eat noodles?” they asked. One kids yelled out, “Oh, I know, they use a fork, I saw it on tv!” too too cute

No comments: