im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Thursday, April 12, 2007

email: clean house

Subject: clean apartment
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:08:36
dear mom and dad,

oh i had a GREAT old time shopping the other day!!! ok parents, before you go on thinking that i wasted all my money, i want to let you know that i only bought things that i needed. and i've already saved a whole lot of money thanks to teresa. i ought to call her, take her to dinner.

anyway, i live right by e-mart (like wal-mart) and went shopping there. man, it is tough to find second hand stores around here. i'd rather not buy new if i didnt have to, b/c you know the environment and all, but meh. i've talked to my colleagues and some of them buy things off the teachers leaving korea, but that can be tiresome: searching, calling, arranging to meet, etc, when everyone schedule is so odd. the 2nd hand shops that i have seen around here are clothes only. there is a website that a few coworkers used to buy their furniture at pretty good prices, but it's all in korean and had a korean friend help them. i didnt need the website anyway, i only needed a few things...

i bought a trash can, a wall clock, toilet brush, toothpaste, rice cooker, rice, broom & dustpan, laundry detergent, lotion, spray cleaner for my counter tops, tea kettle, q-tips, toilet paper, v8 and coke zero galore! man i missed my v8. i remember when i first tried it i thought it was so gross, but not having had it in a while, i was feenin for it. i drank one this morning and i felt all the vegetables strengthening my immune system.

my friend felix (the guy that was so shocked that i dont cook at home for myself) helped me carry my bags from shopping and when he got to my place he teased about how dirty and dusty everything was. all the dirt started to upset him so much that he actually cleaned the apartment for me. seriously. i hardly did a thing. everything i started to do, he came over and let me know i was doing it wrong and then would finished cleaning whatever it was for me. he swept and dusted and beat the couch cushions and took out my trash, it was friggin awesome! the whole time i was watching tv thinking that if mom were there with me right now, she'd be yelling at me for being so lazy :)

i've found out that half my classes will be cancelled for next week and the week after b/c the middle school kids will be taking exams. im glad for the time off, but it does affect my paycheck. i was all excited to have all this money after getting paid, but now i know i best spend with caution b/c im not sure what the next check will look like. it's still plenty, but best to prepare, yeah dad? i knew you'd understand. so, i'll be sending you some money for that little old credit card bill next month... *blush* but i know this is how you'd want it!

No comments: