im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Friday, July 6, 2007

email

Subject: most quitoes ever
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 06:45:39 +0000
dear mom and dad,

with all this rain, the mosquitoes are having fun with me. *sigh* stupid mosquitoes. the rain has subsided for a while, but no sun. boo. hey for sure get the penguin movie for mom, she will love it.

poor me woke up with a neck ache a few days ago. mom, remember when i used to get those neck aches in college? you took me to the clinic once b/c i couldnt even turn my neck to drive? the other day wasnt anywhere near as bad, but anyway, the stiff neck still comes back every so often. actually, i remember one time, brother dave came up behind me with:

"your neck still hurt?"
me:"yeah."
him:"here, let me help you."

and he jerked my head to the right so hard! and had the nerve to smile like he just really did something great! i was on codeine and muscle relaxers for days after that! when i asked him why on earth he did it, he said he'd seen it done on tv before.... that's YOUR son, by the way.

anyway, i say all this to say that im fine now, b/c i followed tips in the "healthcare tips" book i'd bought at kaiser. very much worth the room it took up in my suitcase, it lists what to do for just about everything: blisters, aches, burns, etc., and what to look out for and when to go to the hospital. i did the neck exercises and took walks like the book said, and now im straight.

i got the business cards, the blouse, and the CD, thank you so much for the CD i am loving listening to it.~daughter

No comments: