im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

email

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:33:54 +0000
dear mom and dad,

while watching tv the other day, ive discovered there are i think two channels here that are entirely devoted to video games. i cant understand anything that's going on b/c of the language problem, but i dont understand "Gaming" either, so i think it's all pretty boring. it looks like they show people competing against each other? lots of yelling. let brother know that ive been thinking of him. :) tell him too that ive been watching I,Videogame on the discovery channel here. very interesting! tell him ive been learning about machinima, he'll laugh at me for it. ive been to a local arcade here (300W a play, about 30 cents), but i just played tetris.

i hit the movie theatre again, and saw some korean movie, i forget what it was called, it was really boring, i left early. the theatres here are really nice, tho ive only been to two so i cant really say. it's all stadium seating, and when you buy your ticket, you can actually pick which seat you want. along side the standard snacks of popcorn and nachos, dried squid is a popular movie snack. yummmm...

work is going great, we're about halfway through the term, crazy how time goes by so fast. my naughty student i told you about is no longer in my class. im bummed, i didnt want him out. i asked my coworker what happened, he said it happens often, and probably he was just transferred to another class. ah well. maybe he was too much for me to handle anyway.

some students from my last term come by and say hi to me in my classroom during the day, and i love it. i miss a lot of them, but love all my new students too. ive received the magazines, and the cards, and the blouses, and thanks so much for the mail, i love coming home to see i have stuff in my mailbox :)

the weather here is on and off with the rain, more off than on and im glad for that, and it seems finally the mosquitoes have had their fill of me. thank god. ~daughter.

No comments: