im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Sunday, September 2, 2007

email

<---google image search for "consternation."
Subject: RE:
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 17:50:21 +0000
dear mom and dad,

hi whats up? same here, but oh this weather is changing... the sun and heat are leaving me... im sad to see it go!

i was at the internet cafe yesterday, and i dont speak enough korean to chat with the owners (an elder couple), but you know i smile and bow. the other day, the man comes up behind me and gives me a little canned coffee drink! he's so sweet, the owners have done that a few times, just come by and give me little treats for no reason. they're super sweet to me.

work is going good, got all new kids in my classes and some of the former students popped into my class to find me and say hi, made me feel all glowy warm and smiley. ive been in korea 200+ days now, isnt that crazy? time flies.

hey mom, kanisha said she came by to see you the other day, she loved learning those tagalog phrases you taught her. :) hey mom, TAKE HER UP ON THAT OFFER TO WALK WITH YOU, MOM! you need to stretch your muscles.

so usually after work, all the coworkers hang out a bit outside the building, chatting about the day, the students, maybe hitting up a place to eat. it's been cold lately and one of my coworkers noticed my look of consternation:

"sha what's wrong?" he asks.
"it's friggin cold," i complain.
"uh oh," he announces to everyone, "the summer is over, it's starting to get cold. this may be the last we see of sha until next summer!"

*pish* he aint lying. i hate the cold.~sha.

No comments: