im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

email

Subject: RE:
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:17:24 +0000
dear mom and dad,

hi! i thought it best i set aside some time to write an email more than two sentences long to quell mom's paranoia. ;) i've been getting the magazines, i got American Legacy yesterday, thank you so much! i really appreciate having these things to read when i have the time.

so yeah, things here are good. no complaints about the weather in this email today, the sun is out, it's nice. some little bit of news- maybe you both will be annoyed, or maybe you both expected this, but: i hired a housekeeper. ive told one friend back home, who called me bourgeois, but i dont care b/c the housekeeper is friggin awesome.

seriously, so what if i hired a housekeeper? it's quite affordable here, and there's nothing wrong with paying someone for a service.

i dont know her name, actually. she told me, because still everything said to me in korean goes in one of my ears and out the other. she speaks very very little english, but is so friendly and all smiles. when she came the 1st time, she brought me tea and pulled out her notebook of english phrases and asked me if i had siblings, where i was from, how i like korea. im pretty sure she didnt understand any of what i responded, but i appreciate her efforts.

she comes once a week and sweeps and mops the floors, does the dishes, cleans everything in the bathroom, and takes out the trash. she does laundry, too, but i handle that part myself. she left me a note translated by my coworker that she thinks im really nice b/c of the way i separate my trash :)

how is brother dave, and ketso? give them my greetings when they come on sunday, doing their laundry and washing cars. ~sha.

No comments: