im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Saturday, March 7, 2009

email

<---- me at 33!
Subject: RE: Right On Girl
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 04:57:15 +0000

dear mom and dad,
thanks for the birthday email, thank you for giving me life 33 years ago :)

mom, dad mention that you wanted to give me a present? ah...actually, i miss my music. do you have all my cds? will you send me my cd case? with a letter from you, i would really love that. and some A shirts, size large. yes, that's what i want: my cds, Ashirts, and a letter. ok?^^

so i worked on my birthday, i teach this new class which i LOVE, the kids are younger and soooo cute; the building we're in is new and the kids are wonderful, things are really good. i liked pyeyongchon very much, but it's nice to be in a new place, things were so routine and monotonous where i was. i like my new apartment, tho i dont care for the korean style bathroom of the shower head being mounted over the toilet... but hey, when in korea... *shrug*

when i got to work that afternoon, my boss had a cake waiting for me. i walked into the teachers lounge and everyone turned around and saw me and looked confused. then my boss comes up behind me frantically yelling "surprise!" i guess they'd all been waiting for me for a while, my boss left the room to check if i'd arrived yet, and when i came into the room 1 min later, it threw everyone off. ha! well, i love teaching, but i dont come to work an hour and a half early like everyone else does... they didnt realize, and i guess were waiting for a while. hee hee!

after work, i went out with my coworkers, celebrating the opening of the new school, and a sucessful first week, etc. The food was good, it was nice. i was the first to leave, of course, b/c it was late and i was tired! my coworkers protested, "but it's your birthday, you cant leave!!!" i told them that im 33, not 23, and i dont do the "stay out all night" thing anymore:)

i got new glasses, i included a photo. my friends said it looks like a jail pic, but i told them they're just jealous b/c im very mature and sophisticated now that im 33 years old. ive also included some pics from the photo contest i told you about. two of my classes won, so they got pizza and choco pies. they only gave me one pizza for 14 students!!! we drew names out of a box to see who got pizza and who didnt. :( but actually, everybody got a little bit, b/c the kids are so sweet: they gloat and brag about getting to eat pizza when others dont, but then they share it with everyone. Like mom did with the hershey bars when she was a little girl in the philipines:)

~daughter

No comments: