im just one person. for more soko info, please check the fb group BSSK, focused on expats of color

Saturday, April 18, 2009

email

Subject: send more A shirts. and a pair of shoes.
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 02:15:21 +0000
dear mom and dad,

thank you again sooooo much for that last box with the pudding, the pb, the tea, everything, i loved. i devoured about 10 of the chips ahoy cookies in one sitting and then brought the rest to work before i made myself sick. You've made me incredibly popular amongst my new coworkers, thankyou:) I havent seen Ed yet, but i'll for sure pass those oreo cookies to him (no danger of me eating all of them, b/c i like regular, not double stuff). I absolutely love the tea you sent, im not sharing those with anybody.

im glad teddy came by. did he bring the baby with him? i think he still get nervous everyttime he goes to the house. blogworld, i think this is b/c my husband, tho incredibly handsome, stands only about 5'2". My brother and father however are 6ft tall and BIG sized men. I told him he could just mail that check, that he didnt have to go by in person, but he's got old school manners and insisted he should go in person. Please dont use the money for sallie mae, b/c my next payment isnt due until october, so please dotn pay anything. I actually didnt work at all for a couple of weeks b/c of the visa issues, so i put a hold on the loans for a little while. Additionally, we've got canceled classes for the next week and a half (as we do every term, b/c the kids take leave to study for their midterm exams in public school) so that's been a lot of me not working, so no pay coming. I had enough money put aside to sustain myself just fine, but i want to replenish that savings before i resume student loan payments. B/c the loans are consolidated, the interest rate is fixed at 3% or so, so i think they can afford to wait.

im not sure where me and teddy are with the divorce. he emailed me the divorce papers and i printed, signed and mailed them to him. teddy was a good husband overall, tho i never got my wifely conjugal rights nor a diamond ring, and wont even be getting alimony! But he gave away my cats, therefore this divorce is necessary. i loved those cats!

im so sorry, but can i ask you for bug spray? many mosquitos in the summer here. and send me a pair of shoes? i dotn care what they look like, i just want anything with a heel like the others you sent. i walk a lot more here, the subway stop is a mile away and i havent figured out which bus to take to get there. not like my comfy lazy spot in pyeongchon. a new pair of shoes would really do me right. anything you get is fine, really truly.

loveyoumissyou.
~daughter

No comments: